Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Little Relief

Nathan did fine last week, and this week was a short appointment with just an injection of one of the chemo drugs, and no i.v. drip. And next week will be the same. Then after that the schedule will be 4 weeks of the regular treatment, then, 2 weeks off for the remainder of the time. His first two weeks off will be during Christmas and New Years. What great timing! Nathan's energy is good and so is his appetite without that other drug that causes all the nausea. I'll be making lots of pumpkin pies for him (his fav.). His head must be feeling pretty good because he did a headstand this week.

Yesterday after the treatment Nathan and I went shopping for Aaron's 40th birthday, which is this Saturday. I'm so thankful for these special times with him. Tonight Melissa said, "Daddy, we bought you chocolate for your birthday!" Now we know we have to be more careful what we say around her. What a stinker!

2 comments:

Missy said...

SO glad he gets Christmas off!
I can't believe Melissa was astute enough to make note of that present. Did you tell her what it was, or talk about it? She's a sharp one!

Corie said...

So glad he gets some time off. Happy Birthday Aaron! This is a great time to celebrate.