Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Braver Boy Facing Tomorrow's MRI

Tonight as I put Nathan to bed I thought about how God makes us strong by taking us through difficult times. His attitude toward tomorrow's MRI is so different from the first ones he had before and after brain surgery. I think he was more afraid of the MRIs than the surgery. Now, it's not a big deal, and he is looking forward to seeing how the tumor is doing. And he knows he is going to get a 45 minute foot rub from me as I hold on to his feet while he's in the tube watching a video with the sound of jackhammers all around him.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Will be praying... so encouraging to see such trust in the little ones!

Anonymous said...

my heart just BURSTS WITH PRIDE + LOVE for this little one and his faith. God is working in him mightily! Our teaching this week mentioned that "God NEVER does anything 1/2 way" and I hold onto that daily where Nathan is concerned...I know his Dr feels the same. Keep up the good fight Darlene and lean on your friends. You can never understand how MANY prayers are coming your way!!!
sure love ya!
Glenda

Missy said...

AWwww, SO glad you are going to be holding his feet. Brave little boy with the jack hammers. Makes me cry. We'll be in LA but checking email. Please let us know the results. Praying!