Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Camping Trip

We just got back from our one-and-only camping trip for the year. Since I'm always cold at night whenever we've gone camping, Aaron decided to put up the outfitters tent he uses for hunting in the Fall, complete with a wood-burning stove. It was pretty homey for a tent.
But poor Aaron couldn't sleep because it was too warm. The rest of us slept great.

Besides bike riding, the kids' favorite thing was eating s'mores around the campfire. Just imagine stickey marshmallows sticking to dirty faces and hands.


5 comments:

Missy said...

wow, it looks like a house! You had bikes and everything? Where was this? I miss you!

Darlene said...

It was just outside Woodland Park. Yes, bikes and a bike trailer - I don't know how he got it all on the truck.

Betsy said...

Wow, that looks like it was so much fun!

Anonymous said...

The kids look like they had a great time! You guys are true campers, unlike my family. We just took our first-ever camping trip, and rented an RV because I don't "rough it". We went up to the beach in San Onofre, on the base at Camp Pendleton and had a wonderful time! Beach right outside our door! We should consider that as a family vacation next year. There's room for an RV, plus extra tents at each campsite.

The Beidle Family said...

Ahh....so sweet. Times you will forever remember...especially with those ticky fingers and faces!! We have been praying and will continue.

Love to you all.