Friday, September 25, 2009

A Cozy Welcome to Fall



We had a great time in Steamboat Springs. There was snow, Fall colors, bike riding, horses to pet, a teenie-tiny cabin, popcorn, and reading The Hobbit aloud.
Hmmmm... why'd we get the cabin called Poverty Bar?



Nathan got the bow-and arrow that he had been wishing for, which we found in a little shop up there.


I was grateful for the seasons of life that God brings to us, thankful to be in this cozy cabin all together in a beautiful spot, and not in the hospital.

3 comments:

Missy said...

I am so thankful for your beautiful family. Isn't it amazing that God gave you four children to fatten up your life? It's so full and deep and rich. I feel lucky to see the pictures. And lucky that I know you. (Lucky=blessed).

Betsy said...

What a great family vacation! Looks so cozy! Poverty Bar...that's a funny name...you guys are definitely not poor...you have all the riches of Christ!

I just realized after reading Missy's comment that we all wound up with four kids.

Final Count:
Betsy 4 Boys 0 Girls
Missy 3 Boys 1 Girl
Darlene 1 Boy 3 Girls

Wish we all lived close-by one another.
Propinquity has always been a favorite word of mine.

Love you guys so much <3

Darlene said...

You guys are so sweet! Wouldn't it be nice for us all to be together in a great, big, cozy cabin for a few days, even if we live thousands of miles apart?