Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The New and Improved Nathan

For all of you who have been faithfully checking our blog for news - sorry it's been so long. No excuses.... I just needed a break from blogging.

The main story is that Nathan appears happier and healthier than before surgery. He goes around the house singing, and is more prone to giggling than ever. I think we never got to see "real Nathan." Two years ago he was affected by the tumor and the first big cyst, then brain surgery, a year of chemo, then another big cyst. So now I think this is more like him, or it is an answer to my prayer that he would have more capacity for joy now than he had before.

He loves going to the homeschool co-op on Fridays. And since this isn't public school, he gets to pack his toy dagger, pocket leatherman's tool, and pocket knife. He pulled out a screwdriver when one of the moms needed to fix something during his class. A chip off the ol' block. One of the girls told me, "Asher said Nathan's cool!" He is becoming pretty popular with the 5-6 year old crowd. I think it's a Tom Sawyer kind of thing.

3 comments:

Betsy said...

What an indescribable blessing!!
Thanks for sharing the great news.

Missy said...

this post made me laugh. What a blessing his is to his friends!

Anonymous said...

So great to see such a fun update! What a feeling it must be to see him these days; I can only imagine your joy!