Saturday, April 10, 2010

BIG CHANGES THE LAST FEW MONTHS











I apologize for the long absence from posting on our blog. All my energies and time had to be directed toward some major decisions and changes for our family, and a lot of hard work.

In a nutshell, we decided to put our house up for sale, which led us to have to renovate, fix and clean up parts of our house. It amazes me how we could accumulate so much unnecessary stuff in just under 7 years! We hired a home stager, who told us the wallpaper had to go, we needed new paint and light fixtures, etc, etc.
But all the hard work has paid off. We started having showings on Tuesday, and so far, two realtors have told us that our house is the best one they have seen on the market. ( I think that's mostly because of Jan's staging and the great accessories & artwork she brought in; and of course, God's grace.) So, hopefully it will sell soon. Living in a staged home is great for training in neatness, but it's not the easiest thing, especially with children.
From what I can tell, Nathan is doing great. He will have his next 3-month MRI on April 19th. Here are some photos from Easter.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Very nice photos! I'm glad things are going well with you guys. Where are you moving to?

Missy said...

Wow, I want a staged home. I've MISSED you! Thank you, thank you, for posting these pics. We're praying for the 19th.

CPLawson said...

Thanks for the informative but mysterious post. What prompted the decision? Are you relocating? Glad to see how well you appear to being doing.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures!! Natalie reminds me so much of myself at that age. I love the picture of Melissa with the messy hair, too cute!

Can't wait to see you guys soon!!!