Here's some photos from today. One week ago Nathan was in Intensive Care following his brain surgery. This morning, he was lying by the fire listening to Dania read him a story. He is sometimes frustrated by me not letting him do all the things he wants to do, like going sledding today, but I tell him that just being home is better than being in the hospital.

He is eating like a horse, which makes me quite happy.

Yesterday when I told him that he should probably have a nap, he said that he had enough rest in the hospital, and besides, he had a five hour nap during his surgery. Of course I said that didn't count.

Immediately following the surgery on the way to see him, in my heart I just wanted to know that he could see, talk and think normally. He was very thirsty but the nurse would only allow him a few ice chips. As I was moving around the ice chips with a plastic spoon Nathan said, "Mom, don't try to get the smallest one."

The day after surgery while he was resting in ICU, I asked him if he wanted to watch something on the T.V. He made me laugh when he said, "That would be too much neurological stimulation", quoting our favorite character from the movie The Incredibles - Kari the babysitter.

The incision is healing up nicely.
2 comments:
Hi Darlene&Aaron. It was great talking with you the other day Darlene. Reading this blog entry just made me laugh; mostly out of humor, but also out of joy! Great to see the incision healing nicely; not knowing where it would be, I had to look hard in the picture to find it!! I guess your biggest challenge right now is keeping Nathan down and getting needed rest. Sounds like a great problem to have after what you all have been going thru! God is our praise!
"DOn't try to find the smallest one." That is hilarious! The perfect thing to relieve all your fears. God paints the smallest part of the canvas to contribute to His masterpiece!
Post a Comment