Our big, brave boy Nathan faced today without tears or complaints. They lowered the dose because of the side effects he had last week, so hopefully he will have a better week.
We took the I.V. pole he named "Rattles" down to the cafeteria. Then back in the oncology clinic Nathan had fun painting a picture. We sat around an art table with two other moms and girls and a "play therapist." The patients and their parents have sweet attitudes even though what they're going through is difficult.
So far, the speech therapist, occupational therapist, and the neuro-psychologist who have evaluated Nathan have all found the same areas of weakness in his brain functioning, most likely related to the tumor. Hopefully these areas will get stronger once the tumor shrinks.
Abby's Best Friend Izzy
14 years ago
3 comments:
We have been holding our breath... Good job Mom!! I just know it will get easier and your attitude is the greatest, I couldn't be prouder of all of you.
We love you so much, if you need anything, we're here. You are taking the ACTION, God will handle the rest.
LOVE to my girls too?
God bless...
I'm so glad they were able to lower the dosage. Hopefully he will do much better this week. We love you!
let them know that from Florida,Reno, Minnesota,Ventura County, Chatsworth, Yellow stone Park area, Mission Hills,Northridge, one Indian Reservation, [Bill didn't tell me which one]We are all praying for Nathan, and the whole family. God Bless you all. Diane + the "Kelleys"-Calif
Post a Comment