Wednesday, November 26, 2008

thankful


It's the night before Thanksgiving and we have much to thank God for. Like you, we're thankful for life and love, family and friends, a home and a job. Mostly, for a God who is a "very present help in time of trouble", a living Savior who is compassionate and merciful. A few people have told us recently that they pray for Nathan and us every day. Thank you!



We're also thankful that Nathan is alive and well, and that his tumor had made a cyst so that we would know it was there. Otherwise it could have kept growing until it did critical damage. Children's Hospital and the staff are something else we thank God for. You would, too, if you were there.




I'm also glad for dirty dishes, Nathan's shoes in the middle of the floor, and the laundry I need to put away (yes, I should be doing that now :) and that Aaron gets a few days off.



Nathan had a full chemo treatment today. He is just not having one of his better days, but hopefully he'll perk up tomorrow.


This trial has made us more thankful people, and for that we're thankful.

3 comments:

4HMom said...

I pray regularly for Nathan and am thankful for that pesky cyst which developed before damage was done! Glad to read the new posts and see the adorable photos of the kids.

About whether you should be putting away laundry right now, shouldn't you pholdsm first?

Check Missy's blog again for some fun notes I left for you after your comment on her last post.

"ardarac" -- a layer of tissue which forms in the scleral layer of the eyeball in certain anteater species.

Missy said...

Wow, what a great post. I see God in you. And Nathan looks healthier than he ever has! What is that?

Darlene said...

Thanks, Cece. That's so encouraging.
Yes, I'd better pholdsm first.