Inauguration Day was also emancipation day around here. Moments after Obama said, "I will" (or something like it) there was a big crash and bang upstairs. Nathan decided to uncover the birds' cage since his sister, who shall remain nameless, has been neglecting them. The whole cage came crashing down, and the birds went free. At that moment, with all the mess, I secretly wished they would have flown out the door. But we somehow got them back in their cage unharmed.
Nathan said he expected us to be mad about the new president, since he has heard a lot of discussion the last few months. We have been telling the kids that now that Obama is our president, the Bible says we are to honor him for his position, and pray for him, even if we don't always agree with him. And that's what we will try to do.
Abby's Best Friend Izzy
14 years ago
1 comment:
I would have secretly hoped that too! You mak me LAUGH with your titles and funny observations.
Post a Comment