Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Hope and Balloons

Yesterday I read the post "Permission to Hope" on the blog Bring the Rain that made me cry and hit home. It's a story that has to be told.

Angie Smith, the wife of the lead singer of Selah, was told at the beginning of her last pregnancy that her baby wouldn't live more than a few hours after birth. She carried that baby and got to have a few hours holding her, and that was all.

She is now expecting again. You have to read to the end of the post to see what the Lord did for her to comfort her in a way that only He could do. He has such tender knowlege of us. She put into words a lot of my feelings, even though our situation is different. I'm hoping Nathan's balloons (cysts) will burst. That's the hope I'm holding onto, along with the belief that God is in control, and that He is good.

After reading you will begin to see why she has over 4,000 followers, and over 250 comments on one post.

http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/2009/11/permission-to-hope.html#disqus_thread

1 comment:

Missy said...

That's JUST like Him. I'm praying with you, Dar. Burst balloons.