Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What We Know Right Now

We will know more tomorrow morning, but I will tell you what we found out today. The largest cyst closest to the ventricle is the only thing that has changed since the last MRI six weeks ago. It has grown larger and is beginning to close off the ventricle, and the ventricle is starting to swell. So the neuro-oncologist thinks that sometime within the next week or two would be the optimal time for the surgery to put in the shunt. Hopefully catching it before the massive headache sets in. That way it could be scheduled so that Nathan's neuro surgeon could do the surgery, and not whoever would happen to be on call in an emergency.

We'll know tomorrow if Aaron will go ahead with his surgery or have to cancel.

This is not the news we wanted, but we know that the Lord has his good purposes for everything He brings into our lives, and we can trust Him, even when our circumstances don't look good.

Nathan is being a steady trooper. He is already planning to pack his policeman dress-up outfit to wear in case officer Crump comes to visit him at the hospital.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh honey... just let us know? I can just feel your heart...
Waiting to see what you need but God is all over it!
Mom
[I wrote Officer Crump]

Nic said...

Hugs & prayers for all of you, we will stay in Faith like He commands us to do. Love you.
-Nicole

Betsy said...

Darlene, these bittersweet posts tug my heartstrings like nothing else! Nathan is such a sweet little boy. What an incredible gift and blessing the Lord has given you in him. I bet so many people learn from him and wish they could be like him. He is a mini ambassador for Christ! Whatever might be going on in his brain sure hasn't affected his heart, which is made of gold and indestructible.
I love you guys so much and I'm thankful for the privilege of praying for you.
~Betsy

Anonymous said...

from Officer Crump;

"Wow !!!!!!! he is a trooper and going through lots and so is his
family!!! Send them all my blessing and Ill be praying for him...
Merry Xmas to you all and stay in touch I would love to pay him a visit....."

Officer Crump

PLEASE tell Nathan, I've known from the time I met this Officer...God is all over it!
Mom

Missy said...

Dar, I've been bed-ridden so I didn't read this 'til now. I'm so amazed that God put you in the place with such experienced doctors that have wisdom. I'm so sorry the cyst did not shrink! And I'm thankful that you know the Who that's in charge of it all. Your testimony through this is a blessing to us all. I know you'd give anything to take it all away.
Guide them to their desired haven, Lord!