Wednesday, June 15, 2011

day 1



The first day of radiation is behind us, and six weeks are ahead of us.



Nathan bravely handled this new experience. He lay still with the plastic mask pinning him down to the table - this is to hold him in the same position for every treatment. We bring CD books for him to listen to during the 20 minutes, and his request was HOMER PRICE, a story that makes all of us smile.


Most children don't feel any different during the first week or so. Nathan came home and played cowboys and Indians with the neighbors and his sisters.


We took in this sunset last night.

4 comments:

Lina Drasse Biondi said...

Hi we are all sending Nathan positive energy your are in our prayers I am In Ottawa Felou Andre Justin r here also we are thinking of you Love Lina and everyone here xox

carole said...

Hi Darlene
Nathan is a wonderful boy and is so brave.
Lina gave me your blog address and I will follows it from Montreal, even if we are far, we are all together in prayers and God is with us and ears our prayers and the whispers of our hearts.
It's nice to see pictures from your beautiful family
Natalie-Rose looks exactly like you.
Nathan does not know me but tell him I hug him and kiss him (i'm a comfortable hugger like our Mémé was)
I love you
Carole
xox

carole said...

How is he doing after the first radiation treatment
on June 14th I just learned about it today by Lina that Nathan had to have radiation. I'm thinking of you all in this difficult time.
Nathan is the bravest boy
Love Carole xox

Darlene said...

So nice to hear from you all! Thank you for thinking of us. Yes, Nathan is SO brave, and I'm not bragging. His attitude helps me get through this.