This was a doozy. Today Nathan went off to chemo like it was a special day because he got to go with our good friend Judy. I still wasn't well enough to take him. A few minutes into the chemo infusion, Nathan had the worst reaction ever and they had to give him a shot of epinephrine when the benedryl and cortisone didn't work. The doctor and a swarm of assistants were in the room tending to him, thank God, and they kept him for observation for a while. Judy said he was such a trooper through it all. And he came home looking perfectly normal. With a new Lego set. (Only at Children's Hospital.)
We've asked for wisdom to know which path to take, and the Lord is clearly shutting this door, since the doctor announced that Nathan will not ever receive those chemo drugs again. Next up is a meeting with the doctor in a week to discuss a few different options. Your prayers are much appreciated.
Abby's Best Friend Izzy
14 years ago
5 comments:
Oh, Darlene!
I wish I was nearby and could pray with you and make you Chicken Matzo Ball Soup and help with kids and housework!
I am near in spirit and will be praying for this whole situation.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."
Remember that Working Disciples Retreat with Bob Provost (I think it was him) back in 1990? Proverbs 3:5-6. What a great way to start off my new life in Christ.
I hope and pray for trust, wisdom, comfort and peace, and that your flu will go away.
Love you guys!
~Betsy
Thank you for trusting in His Sovereignty Dar, it's a blessing to us. It must be very painful watching him suffer, you are sharing in the sufferings of the saints that have gone before you, Mary for her Son, and Jesus weeping for Lazarus. I can only imagine the work God is wroughting as you share in His sufferings. A severe mercy!
Dear Darlene,
The Lord knows, dear sister. He has a reason for bringing this treatment to an end. He knows the path ahead. I praise Him with you for His care and protection for Nathan through the reaction yesterday. We continue to hold Nathan and all of you before the throne of God, praying grace upon grace for you through each step of the journey.
Love in Christ,
Cindi Leakey
Heb. 4:15-16
I'm so sorry about how this course of treatment turned out. You are all so strong and brave, and I will keep you in my prayers.
Hope you get well soon!!
God is a God of power, not just
words, and He wants people to believe Him so he can bring it into
concretion.
This is a difficult time but there is one thing I know, that God is love.
In this world there is much turbulence and heart ache when our enemy attacks
but peace can be found with Him. We must have peace to believe.
" Joh 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the
world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let
it be afraid."
Let not. Instead, let it believe in Him and what He has spoken.
We sure love you! Mom + Dad
Post a Comment