Our dear, sweet boy is 6 today. Thank You, Lord, for another year of life for Nathan. We pray this would be the year his tumor would disappear. 



Birthday pancakes.

Thank you, Cindi! Here's how the police car cakes came out. (Thanks to all for the ideas!)


The police roadblock cake.
Pin the badge on the sheriff. We thought the sheriff bore a striking resemblance to our favorite t.v. character, Barney Fife.
6 comments:
Oh how sweet! Happy Birthday Nathan! I love the cakes! Were they hard to make??? What a fun day! I pray this year too would "erase" the tumor!
Happy Birthday, Nathan!
Now We are Six
by A.A. Milne
When I was One, I had just begun.
When I was Two, I was nearly new.
When I was Three, I was hardly me.
When I was Four, I was not much more.
When I was Five, I was just alive.
But now I am Six, I'm as clever as clever,
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.
Honestly, yes, they were hard to make, but a lot of fun. Black frosting wasn't an option, so how to make them look like police cars and not ambulances was a trick.
Thank you, Mrs. Derr, for the poem. I like poems. I'm memorizing a poem called To The First Robin:
Welcome, welcome little stranger.
Fear no harm and fear no danger.
We are glad to see you here, for you sing,"Sweet spring is near."
But the last line is a tongue twister.
Love,
Nathan
Dear Nathan~
That is a great poem for spring! The "fear no harm and fear no danger" part reminds me of how God cares so much for the birds of the air and He protects and provides for them.
Here is my favorite spring poem by Joan Walsh Anglund from one of my all time favorite children's books, Morning Is A Little Child. I have 16 pages from that book framed and hanging on my wall. I love it and this poem is pretty easy to memorize. I think you'll like it!
One crocus...
One robin...
One bee...
Can start a spring...
You'll see!
Great party Darlene!!! Love it. I bet he had sooo much fun. HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN!! We are praying that tumor goes away. We love you.
Post a Comment