Whenever I sing Mr. Roger's old song "You are my friend, you are special" to little Melissa, she adds at the end, "And I'm BREAK-able." I don't know where she came up with that, but it has turned out to be applicable.
Yesterday when Nathan and I were at Children's Hospital for his treatment, the girls were being babysat, and Melissa had a fall. When we were done, I had to drop off Nathan and take Melissa to the doctor and to get X-rayed. There wasn't a break, but it seems like she sprained or slightly fractured her elbow, and it is an owie. As we walked out of the doctor's office today I sang that song and she ended with "and I'm breakable."
It was good to see her laugh.
Abby's Best Friend Izzy
14 years ago
3 comments:
llllllllllll. She's getting so big. I still think of her as a baby. But she can laugh at big jokes! And MAKE big jokes!
Ahhh, that is so cute!!! That's one for the books!
Wow...you guys have had your share of Dr.'s offices.....such troopers. Thinking of you tons! Love that song....and love the finish ;) I think I will always think of Melissa now when I hear that song....so cute.
Post a Comment