We all left the house at 6:00 a.m. this morning for Nathan's MRI scan. After waiting some time we were told the doctor was in a meeting (not knowing the meeting was with the surgeon discussing Nathan's case).
The long and the short of it is that the cysts have grown rather quickly, and if the cysts grow any bigger they will plug off a ventricle in the brain where brain fluids drain. This could happen any time now. If it does, Nathan will have an excrutiating headache & nausea, then we will have hours to get him into surgery.
We're waiting to meet with the surgeon after he meets with a team of surgeons. Right now, the options we know about are:
*have surgery before hydrocephalis happens (but surgery before the ventricle tube swells is difficult because they would be going thru the ventricle endoscopically to get to the cyst, and its harder to go thru a narrow ventricle)
*implant a brain shunt at the 4th ventricle to drain fluids that way
*or, wait and have emergency surgery to drain the cysts if he starts getting brain swelling
So, please, please pray.
The odd thing is that after the doctor examined Nathan, making him run up and down the hall as usual, he said, "He couldn't look any healthier. Not even if he tried."
I've done everything I know to help him be healthy, but this is where, as a mom, I know I'm not in control, but God is.
Lately, we've been reading about Moses. I feel a bit like Moses' mom who did all she could to take care of him, but there came a point when she had to cast him upon the water in the basket and entirely entrust him to God.
Yes, my legs feel weak and I have a knot in my stomach. But it's good to walk through trials with our eyes open, not trying to run from them, holding the Lord's hand through the pain. Emotions are just part of this. His plan is a lot bigger than our narrow list of acceptable circumstances.
Abby's Best Friend Izzy
14 years ago
6 comments:
You amaze me with your faith and strength, dear sister. Definitely not the outcome you were hoping for, but as you said it's in God's hands.
Thinking of you...
People cannot help but notice the fight and trust within a child such as Nathan, who believes that God is working in him, and within the doctors to help him get better ... regardless of what the devil tries to do. And it has never been God's desire to see Nathan suffer or be in pain.
Just as the ripples from a pebble dropped in a still pond make larger and larger wave ripples, the collective believing in this situation with Nathan are affecting and inspiring a large circle of people.
That believing of family and friends HAS been making a difference! [even the Dr said he looked great] God is awesome, He has a plan and we just trust + walk it out, together.
I am SO PROUD of you Dar, + tell my son we love him dearly? Hug my girls too? God KNOWS I hate SNOW, but if you need me...
love, Mom + Dad
It seems like none of the options jump out as the obvious best choice, but knowing that the outcome is already decided by a loving God gives us hope.
Praying with you.
Hugs (( ))
Love you guys so much!
Oh Darlene, your post made me cry. Moses mom was the perfect example. The fire is so painful, but He walks us through it, just like you said. I can't wait for Heaven to see you all healthy and whole, completely refined. No more fires there! Thank you for being a faithful example here on earth, waiting until we see Him face to face. I imagine His face is clearer to you now, having to cling so closely to Him during this.
Oh my goodness...so much to digest. You are an amazing women of faith..and I know you would only give Christ the credit...but I am thankful for your posts and the daily reminders of our focus on Him. You show your kids examples of those that were led by God and that we today need to do the same. I am sure the lump in your stomach is thick..I am sure as a mommy you want to make it all better...I will continue to pray for you as you are led by His strength and guidance.
Much Love to all of you.
Aaron & Darlene...am praying with you all. Grace and Peace in Christ alone.
Post a Comment