Called the neuro-oncologist's office - got an answering service.
Called Aaron - no answer. Called the security office at Aaron's work - no answer.
Called my friend who is on stand-by - no answer.
Dania ran to get photos of the family for Nathan to take to the hospital. (Her first response - how sweet.)
Then the on-call doctor called me back and said she didn't think it was anything to worry about, but I asked for Nathan's doctor to call me. He talked me through everything and explained why he wasn't concerned about this, that it would have to be a migraine-type headache.
So it was a fire drill, and we were all thankful to be home together that night having dinner together and not at the hospital.

A new leaf got added to our Thanksgiving Tree.



Today we went to the fire station to have a tour. I thought, if there was a possibility of having to take an ambulance I wouldn't want Nathan to be frightened, and the kids have always wanted to visit the fire station anyway. They had a blast. At the end of the tour the firemen and paramedics got a call so we got to see them jump in their trucks and roll.

3 comments:
I love it that she went and got pictures! And your Thanksgiving tree is such a good idea!! I'm crying again. You have such a special family. I wish we were there to do life with you.
I think the idea of the Thanksgiving Tree was a gift from God to help us, especially me, with thinking on "whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, lovely, excellent, praiseworthy..." (Philippians 4:8)And this trial is making me thankful for every ordinary thing that I would usually take for granted.
Dear Darlene and Aaron, I am praying for you guys and I hope that if this "drill" turns into the real thing that Aaron will be home, right by your side.
When Joe began having "weird" headaches, we knew something was wrong. The thought of things being in the brain that don't belong there is more than weird, it is scary and awful, but thanks be to God that we can trust in Him and only by His grace can you be thankful through all of this. It just proves how much He loves you!Life is more precious through the trial.
You are a beautiful example of trusting God. You didn't ask for this but God in His love will definitely be by your side and He will see you through!
Love you guys!
~Betsy
Post a Comment