Tuesday, July 21, 2009

He Slept Through It

Last night we had the most dramatic weather ever, and Nathan and Melissa slept through it. Strange lightening lit up the sky, then all of a sudden the wind became very strong. Then it was like someone opened a marble storehouse up in the sky and dumped them all at once for 20 minutes straight. The noise was amazing. Just a little north of us there was a tornado and golf ball sized hail that did damage.

Nathan was up before his sisters, as usual, and greeted them when they woke up with a bowl of hail stones he had gathered. You can't do that every day in July.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

WOW! I thought the earth was supposed to be warming up by degrees. What's with hail in July?

The Beidle Family said...

I am so glad the kids slept through the night.....I would have been in the basement...with my teeth chattering!! hahah....I can honestly say....I don't miss that part ;) Kinda fun...but kinda scary!