Saturday, July 25, 2009

How To Celebrate?

As Nathan's year of chemo will be coming to an end in September or October, I've been thinking lately of how we can celebrate. It really is an occasion to celebrate, and a time of thanking God for getting us through this year. I asked him if he wants to have a big party and invite everyone. He said, "Well, you'd have to do a lot of cooking, and that party would just be a lot of talking, and then we have to clean up the house. Why don't we just go to Heritage Square (an amusement park)and then come home and have almond butter and crackers?"

O.K. so we have a different idea of partying. The important thing is to do something that's special to him. I'd welcome any fun ideas.

The next MRI is scheduled for August 12th. The nurse told me at the last visit that,no matter what, they will not go past a year of chemo, but will just monitor the tumor with MRI's every few months. These weeks before Aug. 12th will drag slowly for me.

5 comments:

Betsy said...

What a sweet boy, thinking of all the work a party would mean for you!

I pray the time will fly, filled with fun memories, growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, worshiping Him and loving one another.

I also pray for NO MORE TUMOR!!!

Our God is an awesome God. He is good and does good.

CPLawson said...

What a thoughtful young man. Seems like the Lord has wonderful plans for Nathan here on earth. Praying for continued good news on medical diagnosis, but more important that Nathan would continue to grow in saving knowledge and grace of our loving Lord, our awesome God

Darlene said...

Thank you, Betsy and Paul. That is the best way to pray for Nathan and for us.

Missy said...

He makes me LAUGH! And cry at the same time. Such a sweet and complex little Nathan. Why almond butter and crackers? I'm going to call you with some ideas.

The Beidle Family said...

This is soo sweet. What a sweet boy. Wow...a year. You guys are such troopers...Glory be to God...we are praying!! for Nathan to grow in the Lord and that the Lord removes that tumor. We love you all.