Friday, July 31, 2009

Now THAT Was Scary

All the kids were in bed with their doors mostly closed, and Aaron was in the shower. I had my eyes closed for a while praying, then had to go downstairs for something. Just before I walked out of the door I saw a flying shadow of something larger than a moth. The kids have let in plenty of flies, wasps, bees and ladybugs before, but this was a bat!

I slammed the door to our room and didn't know what to do. Aaron would never hear me yell through our bedroom door all the way to the shower. But I did it anyway - "Aaron, there's a bat in our bedroom!!!!!!!" The kids were very entertained by this in their rooms. I'm glad I didn't freak them out.

After a few minutes, he sauntered out brushing his teeth, cool as anything, with the bat gone. Aaron had let him out by taking out a window screen, but before that he was marveling at what an amazing creature the bat is, as it flew around our bedroom. Believe me, that was nowhere in my mind.

Yes, it was a little hard to fall asleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NEVER dull at your house!
I just had another "GOD moment"...
700 club--CBN, called 2nd time today..they wanted to pray for Nathan again;
[and that 'all expenses put out by the family would be returned to them']
wow! I have no words...

Tamara said...

oh my word that is too funny and scary! Nothing to distract you from praying like a big ugly bat!!! LOL

The Beidle Family said...

Oh my goodness....leave it to Aaron to marvel....he is so funny. Glad he was home to get it out! Much different than a moth! haha... :D